Clifton Animal Rescue One of Nine NJ Nonprofits Selected to Compete in Meadowlands Charity Contest
The Homeless Animal Adoption League an all cat rescue organization based in Clifton, is one of nine New Jersey charities selected to compete in the Meadowlands Charity Handicapping Contest on Saturday, May 14th. The competition includes a $14,500 donation/prize pool, with every charity receiving a donation.
For the Charity Handicapping Contest, each organization will select one horse in each of 10 Meadowlands races, and amass a mythical bankroll if their selection finishes first, second or third. Official $2 WPS (Win, Place, Show) payoffs will be added. Official race results will serve as the order of finish, and the charity that accumulates the highest mythical bankroll will be the winner.
Prizes are to be awarded as: 1st Place: $5,000, 2nd Place: $3,000, 3rd Place: $2,000, 4th Place: $1,500, 5th Place: $1,000, 6th-9th: $500.
Participating organizations are encouraged to host a night at the races for their volunteers and employees. Each organization will also be featured on the track’s jumbotron and invited to make winner’s circle presentations.
Each charity has a different mission to improve the lives of people or animals in NJ, they are:
1. North Jersey Friendship House a non-profit organization that builds the skills of individuals with developmental needs by providing comprehensive clinical treatment, vocational training and work opportunities.
2. Wayne Township Police Athletic League that encourages in the youth of Wayne Township to promote a spirit of benevolent friendship, goodwill, and tolerance and cultivate their moral standards to combat juvenile delinquency.
3. Act Now Foundation Inc. raises awareness and educates communities about Alzheimer’s disease, prevention and early detection.
4. Friendly Sons of St. Patrick of Hunterdon County aims to promote and enjoy Irish American culture in a positive and progressive manner.
5. Homeless Animal Adoption League is an all cat all volunteer rescue and adoption facility located in Clifton, NJ who’s mission is to provide a clean, loving environment for cats and kittens until a forever home is found, no matter how long it takes.
6. Standardbred Pleasure Horse Organization of New Jersey founded to promote the Standardbred as a pleasure riding and driving horse by exposing the public to their performances through equine events.
7. Horse Rescue United saves horses of all breeds from abandonment, abuse, neglect, and slaughter.
8. Horse Park of New Jersey at Stone Tavern, Inc assists and advises the State of New Jersey in the preservation, and operation of designated acreage in Upper Freehold Township to establish a horse park.
9. CBH Care, Inc. provides the optimum in behavioral healthcare that is responsive to consumer and community needs.
To learn more, follow the Meadowlands Race Trace on Facebook.
Submitted via press release by Meadowlands Media Relations