Clifton Church Collects Donations for Ukraine amid Russian Invasion
The Holy Ascension Cathedral Orthodox Church of Ukraine began collecting supplies to donate to the people of Ukraine this week, supplies are being flown to Poland to aid Ukrainian refugees through local nonprofit organizations.
Reverend Oleksii Hochuk said there is a list of needed supplies on the church website, which will be continually updated. He asks that no canned food, clothing or toys be donated, as the efforts are focused on medical and other supplies including:
- non-perishable food
- disposable utensils/tableware
- fist aid and first aid kits
- hygiene products for women and children (diapers, etc.)
- protective military gear (helmets, tactical backpacks, boots, gloves, dry rations)
- tents, mattresses, sleeping bags
- thermal underwear and socks
- OTC Pain Relievers (Ibuprofin, Tylenol, Apsirin, etc)
- Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- Antiseptic Wipes
- Latex/rubber gloves
For the complete list, visit the Church website here. The church is located at 635 Broad Street in Clifton, donations are accepted 11am-8:00pm M-F.
Monetary donations are also being prioritized by nonprofit charities working in the region. These include: